1. 12% of people dream entirely in black and white
2. Humans spend 1/3 of their life sleeping
3. The sensation of falling when half asleep and jerking yourself awake is called ‘hypnic jerks’
4. Those born blind experience dreams involving things such as emotion, sound and smell rather than sight
5. A temporary inability to move or speak while falling asleep or upon waking is called Sleep paralysis. Most often occurs in people who have narcolepsy or sleep apnoea, but it can affect anyone. This usually lasts one or two minutes and is often frightening.